Tuesday, August 26, 2008

JHBC Begins

I've just arrived at Jackson Hole Bible College. It's a lot smaller than I expected, but I have a feeling it will be very good. It seems to be more of an adventure camp than a College, and is a lot smaller than I expected. Nevertheless, I'm finally away from home. I'm excited to see where God is going to take this year.

My Mom and Wayne made the drive with me. We stopped at Fairmont hot springs for the night. It reminded us of the times we went to see Uncle Doug in Canada, because we stopped at the other Fairmont on the way there. Anyway, now Wayne is sick and staying at a hotel. I pray he gets better by tomorrow.

The people here at JHBC are all very interconnected. Almost all of the staff (excluding the professors) are immediate family. A lot of the staff were once students, and then married one of the kids! Now they've kids of their own. I'm not sure how much staff there is, but I'm sure I'll know each and every one of them before the year ends. And by the way, there are 21 students, and I was the second one to arrive. (the first was a 30-something year old Dad who lives here in Jackson. I don't think he really counts :P) Anyway, Ken Ham is going to speak here in a few weeks. I'm really pumped for that, because I have more respect for him than almost anyone else on the world now.

That's all for tonight.

2 comments:

Ashton said...

Darren! You'sa gotta blog!! :D I didn't know that. I'm adding you to my blogroll...Presidential protocol.

And I see you abandoned PHC. tsk tsk. ;) j/k...hope your semester goes awesomely JHBC!

Nathan Zamprogno said...

Whoa! You mean, Ken Ham, serial crackpot? Ken Ham, egomaniacal control freak and creator of that debauchment of a museum? Ken Ham, the one deeply invested in a personal vendetta and litigation against his former colleagues in Australia? Ken Ham, calculated thief of other people's intellectual property? Ken Ham, who
lied about all this to his American audience so no one would think to ask about the subscriptions he took from another ministry? Ken Ham, who willingly took as an ally someone he had previously excommunicated for accusing a former friend's wife (now enemy) of necrophilia? Ken Ham, who chokes &/or hangs up on any other Christian journalist who calls him out about his unethical dealing?


If this is the Ken Ham you respect so much, you need to use that head on your shoulders and do some critical thinking for a change. Mr Ham is not someone to look up to.