Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rick Warren and the Presidental Election

To-day, To-night, actually, yes, it was To-Night, a night that was this day, and not the previous day or the next day, but it was a time that was to-day at the evening time, but only if to-day was yesterday, (can you tell I've been reading Dickens?) I listened to the Obama-McCain, Rick Warren interview-Presidental-forum. All I can say is "Wow! Why did no one else think of this format before? I learned so much hearing the two candidates answer the same questions in different ways that I think I actually know what kind of people they are! It was absolutely better than any other presidential debate I've ever seen (even though my experence is quite limited). I was looking forward to this, and it was even better than Wall-E! (totally different, but you know, better use of two hours) Rick Warren was perhaps the best host-moderator I've ever heard, and both candidates were at the top of their game. It turns out McCain's game is much higher than Obama's! (heh heh heh)

"At first, when Rick Warren interviewed Obama, I was a little scared. Obama received a lot of applause and adulation from the crowd. His Marxist policies were disguised as usual, but apparant if one can look hard enough. When Pastor Warren asked Obama "What do you think, in your lifetime, is America's biggest failure?" Obama responded with some garbage about how the USA hasn't taken care of "the least of these", quoting Matthew 20 or 28, I don't remember. He seemed pretty proud that he actually used scripture. I know that "the least of these" need help, but why does the government have to do it? And is it really our biggest failure? (On a different [related?] note, Obama said he supported killing babies that survived abortions. Just to let you know.)

"But McCain was a different story altogether. His answers were concise and straight, and he ended up answering many more questions than Obama because he didn't ramble and waste time. He answered all of the questions very well, but the one that made me turn from a lukewarm "vote against Obama" voter into a McCain supporter was his answer to the question, "Which justices currently on the supreme court would you have not nominated?" He answered it exactly the way I would want my president to, exactly the opposite of Obama."

In reality, that's not all I have to say. So check out this discussion if you haven't yet. It was the best presidential event in any campaign I've ever witnessed. You'll get an idea of who these men are and what they stand for. They are both eloquent, but McCain has the substance that Obama lacks. I'm still not totally sold on McCain, but now I'm actually tempted to campaign for him. I have hope for America.

No comments: