Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Shack part Duex

I'm not gonna ever do a two part thing again. I hate feeling obligated to write something.

Anyway, I finished the shack two weeks ago. Monday... And I have to say I didn't really enjoy it, right up until the last few chapters or so. Then it took some wonderful twists and really good Theology and even made me a little emotional. So it was a good book, in my opinion.

The problem I addressed in the previous chapter is one problem of a few... but there is so much good in this book, I don't want to dwell on the negative. The Theology is almost totally sound, and will be an enormous encouragement to anyone who knows "God," but doesn't "know God." It was difficult for me to read because I'm so Theologically minded and educated that I spent more time thinking, "Do I agree with this? Is this true?" then I did actually reading and enjoying it. (I answered that question with an emphatic "Yes!" most of the time) So I wouldn't recommend it for you, Colin. I also wouldn't recommend it for any new Christian, or someone who knows nothing about God. The entire point of this book is to break the box that Catholic Christians and even some Evangelical Christians have put God in, and if you are not familiar with that box this book will not benefit you.

Anyway, without giving anything away, this book is a good book. It's not perfect, but many people will benefit from reading it. (And just to let you know, in this book God is always referred to as "He." I don't really feel like dissecting the messages in this book right now, so I'll leave it at that.)

No comments: