Friday, July 25, 2008

Has anyone here gone on a long backpacking trip?

This week the wheat was too moist to harvest (it has to be less than 12% humidity for the elevators to accept it, and we were harvesting stuff that was at 20%, which is bad) so we've just been doing weird things at the shop. I even de-virused my Uncle's computer there, so now the green star gps system in the combines should be able to sync with his computer. Anyway, on to my story.

Yesterday I took a trip to Spokane with my Mom and Brother to get ready for my year of Bible College. One part of that year is a week long backpacking trip. I am not the most outdoorsy person you'll ever meet, and I love "earth-worshippers" the same way Jesus loved the Pharisees. Anyway, we spent a bunch of time in REI looking for backpacks and non-cotton clothes. I had no idea it took so much time to find all of this stuff. When we were done, and I had a back car seat full of gear, my brother turned to me and said, "You get to see me jealous of you today, Darren. It's like the Salmon spawning, you don't get to see it very often."

Today I had to work in the field and Wayne and Mom made a trip down the road and boated on the river. When I got home from work I told Wayne, "This is a rare opportunity, Wayne. You get to see me jealous of you. It's like you getting jealous of me, you don't get to see it very often."

No comments: