Friday, July 25, 2008

What is a "Daring Wagon Dragon?"

What is a "Daring Wagon Dragon?" Many people have asked me this (well, two), and so I thought I should take this precious time before bed I usually take to play a computer game and actually write something. (but don't worry, I'm still collecting meat and radioactives in the background) Anywho.

Daring Wagon Dragon. Say it out loud. Daring Wagon Dragon. Ah... feel it cleanse your pallet. It has a blustery quality that is belied by its rhyming nature. Say it again. One more time please. Now, don't you feel silly? You should, because I do.

Now for the meaning. My name, as you should know, is Darren. In the original Persian or German (I'm not really sure which) it means "Great One." Wait... No that meaning has nothing to do with it. Daring Darren. That's it. "Darren" sounds like "Daring." So, actually, it's pretty simple. Simply complex, eh?

Wagon: My younger and only brother is named Wayne. In the original Persian or English (I'm not really sure which) it means "Maker of Wagons." So naturally, I wanted to honor him a bit and have a family connection in this name. And I do.

Dragon: collectively, dragons are cool beasties. I want one.

Keep in mind everything we have learned. If "Daring Wagon Dragon" were "untranslated," it would be "Darren and Wayne's Beast." This is actually misleading, as Wayne has no dominion over the beast that is this blog. If he did, it would have a lot more kayaks, Celtic designs, good dancing, and fashion sense, but since he doesn't it is what it is. It has stupid dancing.

"Daring Wagon Dragon" has a lot of cool qualities about it too. Imagine a world without horses, a creature that has done me more harm than good, and to replace them we had dragons. Or even a world with horses, but dragons are to horses as horses are to oxen. I'd like to have a dragon pulling a wagon into the places no one else will go. That's what I'll do, (go where no one else will go) and this name reflects that mission. Someday, I want to make a cool graphic of a dragon pulling a wagon for the banner at the top of this page, but that's a ways off.

To be honest, I just came up with "Daring Wagon Dragon" out of the blue. I thought of my name, my brother's name and the animal that went with them, and it just sorta came out. I liked it, and so here it is.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, that's unique. I kind of like it. But I do not like tofu. At all. What's with that? Don't dragons eat meat?

=Darren said...

Not in Eden. Everything ate tofu then.

In all honesty, I don't like tofu either. Meat is one nice thing about living in a sinful world.